The Directorate (IP&T) Andaman and Nicobar Administration intends to engage Life Guard to place in the Panel list on Daily Wages basis under Skilled Category @Rs 603/- per working day for performing duty at various beaches of these Islands in place of regular Life-guard who proceed on leave/long absent. The pay of life-guard on leave will debited and paid to Life-guard who engaged from Panel list.
Application are invited from the male candidates (preferable local resident) for engagement as Life-guard on daily wages basis. The age of the male candidates should be 18-30 years. Age relaxation to the candidates will be considered as per prevailing Rule.
The eligibility for engagement of Life Guards (Daily Wages) are as under:
- Educational Qualification: Minimum Xth Std. Pass from a recognized Board/University.
- Essential Qualification: Should know swimming, course certificate of Surf Living Saving Technique.
The interested candidates are advised to be present at the Swimming Pool Complex, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Stadium, Port Blair on the day of trade Test on 25/01/2020 at 08:30 Am onwards along with application and all required documents. The candidates should bring their original documents/ certificates along with a set of Xerox copy of the documents/certificates.
The Duties and responsibilities of Lifeguard are as under:-
- Undertaken Beach Patrol regularly.
- Check & Maintain all sings and lifesaving equipment on beach daily.
- Maintain continuous surveillance of people swimming and ensure that they are within safe swimming zones.
- Provide safety information to people prior to them indulging in beach activities.
- Ensure that a water sports is done within the parameters of set rules and regulation.
- Supervises and assist in rescue operations.
- Perform rescues in the event of drowing or swimming accidents.
- Perform first aid and CPR according to the demands of adverse situation.
- Check safety or rescues tubes, life-jacket, buoys and perform needed maintenance.
- Keep the assigned area clear of all hazards and remove the sane as required e.g. Broken glass etc.
- Keep area around lifeguard station clean.
- Maintaining cleanliness of beaches.
Terms and Conditions:-
- The candidates must pass swimming test, conducting by Directorate of IP&T.
- The engagement is purely on Daily Wages Basis.
- The selected candidates will be deployed to the selected beaches on randon basis and no request for transfer or shifting will be considered after deployment.
- There is no provision for re-engagement after expiry of six months and no claim for regular appointment. The candidates those who are willing to abide by the charter of duties notified for Life Guards by the Department shall only apply.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the skill/trade test.
- The Secretary (IP&T) has the right to terminate the engagement of the candidates, if his/her performances is not found satisfactory or without assigning any reasons thereof.